Thursday, December 8, 2011

Face of the Day - December 8, 2011

As I settle in for the night with Rammstein (Wollt Ihr Das Bett in Flammen Sehen, if you must know) my wrists hurting after a day of work, I am suffering for you, dear readers, and taking more pictures of my makeup.

Here is what I looked like this morning.  -->

At 10:14 p.m. EST, I promise you, I look nothing like this now. Especially the smile part. What is up with that?

What was I thinking as I rummaged through my makeup drawers?


I love looking for new color match-ups that work really well. I decided to go with tamer shades of green and match them with muted pink blushes and lip colors. There's some shimmer on my eyelids, but it's not overwhelming at all.

Which products did I use?


Other than my usual suspects...

Left to Right:
Wet N Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow Trio: These Color Icon trios are a great bargain. However, Wet N Wild's color combinations confuse me. I guess it's better than just seeing another palette of differing shades of brown or gray...but still!

This particular palette is in C382B/Cool As A Cucumber.

The brow bone shade is a cucumber green, almost bordering on a green-off-white type color. Who wants to put green under the brow?

One day, I promise, I am going to follow these palettes to the letter, and you are going to see how awful they could be. Dark green all over my eyelid, purple in the crease. Great. I've always wanted to look like I just got punched in the face.

Anyway, back to today, while it's still actually December 8th.

I used the brow bone shade all over my lid and slightly above the crease. I used the eyelid shade, a quietly sparkly green, to line my upper lids.

I decided to use a contrasting shade in the crease. It doesn't show up too well in the picture, but I used...

Essence Quattro Eyeshadow Palette: I used the 06/Rock Angel palette.

In the crease, I brushed copious amounts of the dulled lime green shade. I suppose if you look closely, you can see the contrast between that and the cucumber green shade.

I'm still working on my eyeshadow skills, if you can't tell. (What skills?)

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick: I adore this lipstick. It's the perfect dusty pink. Although I'm seeing little bits of shimmer, it is very low-key. When I'm looking for a matte lipstick, I'll pull this out.

Problem is it's a bit drying. I have to put a good layer of lip balm on my lips before dragging this across. I wouldn't call this moisturizing, but it's fine with my Baby Lips underneath.

CO Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint: I wore this on top of my lipstick, more for the fresh peppermint with every inhale. It's lovely.

But this lip gloss is quite good, peppermint aside. It's slightly tinted. The shade I'm wearing is Magenta Mint.

Maybelline Mineral Power Blush: On my cheeks, I brushed a bit of this blush in Original Rose. I've read a lot of negative reviews for this blush, but I quite like it.

Their cream blushes, on the other hand....

Maybelline Great Lash / Lots of Lashes Mascara: I received several free tubes of this mascara as a part of Maybelline's latest campaign.

I wish I still had a tube of Great Lash so that I could do a comparison post. Problem is, I've got so many mascaras now, and I try to limit how many mascaras I own.

I'll post a review of this, hopefully tomorrow.

What the heck is this?Not even worth watermarking. Go ahead
and steal this image. You're welcome.
Sorry that I can't post a good picture of the swatches, because I really need practice. I'm just mastering taking pictures of my face without shattering the camera lens.

Anyway, I'm not sure whether I'll keep posting detailed "FOTDs," as they call these types of posts. Sometimes bloggers just list the products. But I do love capturing the moment of what exactly I was thinking, what I was looking for when I woke up in the morning, when I reached into my makeup drawer.

If we look at this as an art form of sorts (and I know that many women do), let's treat it as one. Is every choice deliberate? Do we just look for what happens to be up front? Do we take our outfits into consideration?

If they are this detailed, though, it might not be an every day type of post.

But we'll see.

Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment