Monday, December 5, 2011

Apologizing for my face.



Dear Readers,

You will be subjected to multiple photos of my face. For this, I apologize.

Love, Lorraine




Why am I making a post apologizing for my face?

One of my biggest pet peeves, when it comes to blogs, is reading a great "Face of the Day" or review entry that ends with this type of sentence: "Oh my God, guys, I'm sorry for my wonky eyebrows!" or "Ew, check out the crow's feet! Sorry about that."

Honestly, I'm not paying attention to your flaws most of the time. I'm reading to check out your makeup. But thank you for calling my attention to your [fill in the blank]. Now I can't see anything else.

I used to think that you had to be vain, to some extent, to want to post your pictures on the Internet in general. I can't tell you how long I waffled on writing a beauty blog. I love blogging, but I honestly think that I am not photogenic.

  • I've got a wonky eye.
  • After overplucking my eyebrows at 14, they have refused to grow normally ever since. It shows.
  • I've got acne scarring.
  • My nose! There are no words.

The list goes on.

But you know what? I'm getting over it. Perhaps I am more vain than I thought!

(Or I just really, really want to write about beauty products!)

I reserve the right to make my photos a certain size. So dear readers, while you will be able to see my makeup perfectly well, the original image will not be 1000x800. I'm not sure why you would need to inspect my face that closely, so I hope the size of the photos will suffice.

This is officially my apology post. I am not going to comment on every little pimple, stray hair, whatever.

I'm no makeup artist, although I hope to improve with time. I'm human. My face has bumps and lines I wish weren't there, but I'll take that up with God later.

I also don't have much time for Photoshop, so you'll have to accept me as I am, sans blur tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment